Enfield, London (with significant home working)
24 hours/week (until 31 March 2020), 21 hours/week thereafter (subject to funding)
£34,680 per annum paid pro-rata, with 6% pension and generous holiday entitlement
Based in the London Borough of Enfield, Every Parent and Child (EPC) is a leading provider of award winning advice, advocacy and support services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and those at risk, and their families.
We help children, young people and their families with obtaining education for those with SEND, applying for school places, supporting mental health and wellbeing and building skills and confidence. We also listen carefully to the views and thoughts of local parents and families so that the ideas of the most vulnerable can be heard and local services influenced.
We are recruiting for a SENDIAS Strategic Lead/Manager to:
- Lead the development of the Enfield-based SENDIAS Service, consistently reviewing our SENDIAS offer and developing initiatives to respond to identified needs.
- Manage an established and high-performing team of 3 x case workers, 1 x Admin/Volunteer Trainer and young people’s development worker
- Support volunteers within their service area
- Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff and volunteers delivering an advice service, including case work, for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Current working knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014 and previous SEN legislation (e.g. SEND code of Practice, Equality Act 2010)
- Empathetic, approachable, inclusive and supportive leadership style with a person-centred and non-judgemental approach.
For the full job description and application pack please click here.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th September at 5pm.
Please note, we will not accept CV’s for this position. All interested applicants must complete the application form and accompanying documents.
Please note that this post is subject to a DBS check and Every Parent & Child follows safer recruitment guidelines.
To download the Every Parent & Child 18-19 Impact Report please click here.