Useful Contacts

SEN Services

The SEN Service works in partnership with parents, schools and professionals across education, health and social care. An Advisory Officer will be allocated to work with you and your child to:

  • be your main contact within the SEN service for your child’s special educational needs
  • process a request for an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) needs assessment
  • co-ordinate and draft your child’s EHCP, should an assessment be agreed
  • work with you to explain the process and options available
  • discuss with you any concerns that you might have about your child’s EHCP needs assessment or the EHCP/Advisory Plan.

For more information, email the team on or call on 020 8379 5667.


Independent Parental Special Education Advice (known as IPSEA) is a registered charity (number 327691). IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities. IPSEA gives advice and support on:

  • Local Authorities’ legal duties to assess and provide for children with special educational needs
  • Exclusions of children with special needs/disabilities
  • Action/inaction by Local Authorities and/or schools which discriminate against children and young people with disabilities.

To access their support, please see this link:


Coram Children’s Legal Centre

They specialises in law and policy affecting children and young people. CCLC provides free legal information, advice and representation to children, young people, their families, carers and professionals, as well as international consultancy on child law and children’s rights.

Child Law Advice Service – click here for advice relating to English child, family and education law

Community Legal Advice Education Law Line – 0345 345 4345 for education legal advice for those eligible for Legal Aid

Migrant Children’s Project Advice Line – 0207 636 8505 for advice on the rights of asylum seeking and migrant children


Council for Disabled Children (CDC)

They are the umbrella body for the disabled children’s sector bringing together professionals, practitioners and policy-makers. They work collaboratively, from policy into practice, to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people. They have a list of resources for parents and young people and a directory of different organisations.

You can find out more from this link:

As a professional myself, it was astounding how hard it was to negotiate the system. The support that was provided by SENDIASS was invaluable.
I feel very empowered. I feel I am not alone and there is hope for my child. I feel someone is listening and know my worries and concerns. The session has been life-changing.
The service has helped a lot, especially in writing letters. I wouldn’t know where to turn to without the service.
Really grateful for the support provided. My child has stabilised and everything required is now in place.
I am very grateful for the time and effort you put in for me and it gives a real feeling of confidence to me as a parent in making an informed decision and in gaining a good understanding of the process as it can be rather intimidating at times.
Both children are now at school. I could ask questions at any time and the team would help me.
The caseworker was on the ball all the time for me. She gives good advice and always calls me back promptly.
The staff really helped me. I didn't know how to help my son. They pointed me to the right people who could help him.
They were informative & helpful on my child’s EHCP. Couldn't have done it on my own. I was very satisfied when finished.
The service was outstanding from start to finish. They were very quick to respond, and gave suggestions and impartial guidance.